How to Start a Successful Affiliate Business in 7 Steps – Part 2
Step 4: Write and Upload a Mini eCourse
Your next step is to create an autoresponder series around the topic of your product so that you can promote your offer. Your autoresponder series should be at least 7-12 messages long.
- You’re selling a copywriting product. You can create a seven-part ecourse on how to write a sales letter. Then promote the copywriting product in every message.
- You’re selling a diet recipe book. You can create a 10-part weight loss course that pitches the recipe book in every message.
- You’re selling a dog training video. You can create a seven part course that teaches the basic obedience lessons such as sit, down and stay. In every message you refer your prospects to the paid video for more information.
Here’s the key: Do NOT solve your prospect’s problems 100%. You want to provide useful but incomplete information, so that your prospects need to purchase your affiliate offer in order to fully solve their problems.
Step 5: Create a Squeeze page
Next, you need to persuade your prospects to subscribe to your ecourse. You do this by creating a mini sales page (AKA squeeze page). This page should include:
- A headline that touts your course’s major benefit (e.g., “FREE: How to housetrain your puppy in just three easy steps!”).
- A list of the other benefits of your course (e.g., “You’ll discover the secrets of turning an unruly, rambunctious puppy into a perfect houseguest!”).
- And a call to action (e.g., “Just enter your name and email address in the form below now, click join and you’ll get instant access to this eye-opening report!”).
You may also provide proof of your claims, such as testimonials, videos, screenshots, pictures and similar evidence.
Step 6: Drive Traffic to the Squeeze Page
Next, you need to drive targeted traffic to your squeeze page so that you can quickly build your list. You can do this by:
- Starting a blog and posting articles that are optimized for the search engines.
- Trading links with other high traffic sites in your niche.
- Being a guest blogger on other peoples’ blogs.
- Co-promoting with other marketers in your niche (e.g., endorsing each other in your newsletters).
- Submitting articles to EzineArticles.com and other article directories.
- Using social media sites like Squidoo.com, Yahoo! Answers, and Facebook.com.
- Participating on niche forums on in niche blog discussions.
Step 7: Add Messages to Your Autoresponder Series
Once you’re getting traffic, building your list and making a profit, you can start adding even more messages to your autoresponder – anywhere from a couple month’s worth of messages to a year or more.
That way you’ll make money virtually on autopilot – all you have to do is build your list and let your autoresponder do all the work!
Making money online doesn’t have to be complicated, not when you follow these seven easy steps!